Plasti Dip?

AccordSeats4

Reaction score
I think some pics for some of you that have had success with this stuff is in order.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Poor OP, he hasn't been back since he started this thread.

Guess the nutshell answer is don't do it.

Bedliner would be a better option if you are set on doing a non-typical spray paint job with your car.

Check in with AllGoNoShow or RackedOut for some tips about the bedliner spray process.

BXR4T

Reaction score
Poor OP, he hasn't been back since he started this thread.

Guess the nutshell answer is don't do it.

Bedliner would be a better option if you are set on doing a non-typical spray paint job with your car.

Check in with AllGoNoShow or RackedOut for some tips about the bedliner spray process.

Sorry guys, have been super busy with school finals and all or that wonderful crap. I have a buddy that plastidipped his highly modified truck that he takes off road and there are still not rock chips, that was 3-4 months ago. I will have to find pics. The only reason the thought came up was due to me seeing it on his truck and the little scratch on my bumper.

I have a bottle, pen, and spray can of the stock tafetta white, but I don't know if it will be a huge color change due to the fact that my car is 13 almost 15 years old and it has sat in the sun. The paint in the bottle, pen and spray can are newer (within 1 year). Would the touch up paint look different? the size that we are talking about is about 1" x 4", shallow scrap, but black plastic underneath (obviously since it is on my bumper). Any suggestions?

danielkrall

Reaction score
I plastidipped just my grill. I used about 3/4's of a can on just that small area. Making something like 5-6 layers. Only prep I did was clean the surface with some alcohol beforehand. Been keeping up perfectly since I put it on 8 months ago, lasted through this horrendous New York winter and rough driving conditions/ pebbles, and not one chip or peel. Also I get car washes somewhat frequently and it lasts through that as well.

Back