PLEASE HELP. Car won't start.

ilovemycoupe

Reaction score
So yesterday, I went to start my car and all it does is make this grinding noise and the radio turns off and then back on and is requesting the radio code like I disconnected the battery... The noise is really hard to explain, all I know is it doesn't sound good.

So then this morning I went and jumped it and it started great. I let it run for about 5-10 min and even drove it around the block once. I turn the car off, then try to start it back and it starts, so I think problem fixed. OK well I waited almost 12 hours and just went out to try to start it. It started fine but then died after about 2 seconds. It then went back to what it was doing the first time it wouldn't start. The radio reset itself again too and wanted the code.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I am really needing this car right now.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the radio is requesting the code, it means you are losing power completely. Get your battery tested and check connections.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
battery is brand new

when did this happen? before or after the new battery was put in? and how long have you had symptoms? could me a million different things if the bat is new. start at the battery and trace the harness

ilovemycoupe

Reaction score
the battery was replaced at the beginning of this year and the car has not been driven on a regualar basis. It was started every couple days and then driven around every two or three weeks. Car has been starting fine every time. I had tried to start the car yesterday after it not have been started for about two weeks. now this

jwong512

Reaction score
it's very possible you could have a defective battery. Or it's not installed properly and getting a proper connection.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its probably still under warranty...get a replacement. even the $45 house specials have a year warranty...

since it starts after a jump and a drive, but then won't start much later, the alternator is still making juice.

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
yea just sounds like you need a new battery...mine did something similar to this a little while back but it ended up just being a dead spot on the starter

Back