please help...no spark

h22a6thgen

Reaction score
so the story is ive had my first h22a swap for around a year and a half, running fine and strong, i ended up water locking that motor and it was pretty much trash, i picked up another h22a from jdm engine corp, same exact motor from before, put it in finished everything up and now i have no spark...im using the same dizzy from the first motor, it started after it water locked which is how i found out the first motor was trashed, ive got new wires, new spark plugs, cleaned the points on the dizzy and everything, i volt tested the 2 plugs going to the dizzy and im sure as most of you know theres a bigger square one and a smaller 2 prong one, the bigger one is getting volts just fine, the smaller one is getting volts on one side but nothing on the other, i figured that side might be a ground and tried getting a reading that way, nothing, ive figured out that that smaller plug is an rpm lead signal, ive looked for weeks but cant really find anything with the same problem, all my fuses are good, i was thinking maybe its a ground problem? i have a ground on the front of the trans from the battery and the driver side motor mount ground, ive heard you have to 2 to 3 grounds to make a good connection, but this is all i ran on my last motor as well, so im kind of lost at what to do at this point, i need to get this done because this is my daily and i have no other options so please, i really need your guys help to figure this out, thanks in advance

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Did you pull out the spark plugs to see if there spark emitting from them? If none is shown, then the dizzy is an option to double check to see if the ignitior may be faulty. Swap it out from another f/h series dizzy if any change occurs for spark.

h22a6thgen

Reaction score
yeah i checked the spark plugs, no spark, sorry for not putting that the first time, i know it could be the dizzy but i dont have another one, and im the only person i know around me with an h series, and new ones are 259 dollars, so im just wondering if there is maybe another option that it could be, does anyone know about the plug not having volts on one side like i was talking about?

h22a6thgen

Reaction score
alright so update, i got a new dizzy and still no spark, but i do hear a clicking under my dash when its trying to turn over, any ideas?

Back