Poor mpg

Hostile

Reaction score
I have been getting 17 mpg on my car for the last six months. When I bought the car back in Febuary it was giving me 23+ average. I did the cap/rotor, plugs/wires, sea foam, cleaned out the v-tec solinoid, New oem tranny oil flush, & the oil changes are done every 4 thousand miles. Any suggestion? I have read a lot of the other threads regarding this, but I already tried most of the solutions I have read. My next move is to buy the two o2 sensors and replace those along with checking the flow on my injectors.

gt58

Reaction score
mine gets 18 in the city. i'd be lucky to get 300 out of a tank. i can pull 310 but im runnin on fumes.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I have been getting 17 mpg on my car for the last six months. When I bought the car back in Febuary it was giving me 23+ average. I did the cap/rotor, plugs/wires, sea foam, cleaned out the v-tec solinoid, New oem tranny oil flush, & the oil changes are done every 4 thousand miles. Any suggestion? I have read a lot of the other threads regarding this, but I already tried most of the solutions I have read. My next move is to buy the two o2 sensors and replace those along with checking the flow on my injectors.

I've been dealing with a car that all of a sudden went from 23-24 to 17-18-mpg for about 3 years now lol. Only thing I have yet to change is fuel injectors. It runs like it came off the dealer lot yesterday though.

Gone through new sparkplugs, wires, cap, rotor, pcv valve, fuel pressure regulator, both o2 sensors. Checked map sensor, coolant sensor, brakes for any dragging, tires 36psi all around, oil changed every 4-5000kms, tranny drained and filled once a year.

Have a look at these 2 threads for more ideas you have not tried if you want
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25899
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32890

Sentinel

Reaction score
i used to get about 13.3 mpg from my accord. i took it into the dealership and had them run a bunch of tests and they told me it was normal. i drive a lot more conservatively now and get around 18mpg. i feel like this is just the standard :/

Emphasis

Reaction score
I noticed the aftermarket tire and wheels in your pic. Did your mpg change occur after you swapped them? Checked tire pressure?

Also remember driving habits, what's loaded in your car, etc. the easy stuff.

Hostile

Reaction score
The wheels were on for a while before the mph began to suffer. I already sea foamed it. Hopefully when I change the t belt and the o2 sensors things will get better.

UTIaccord

Reaction score

check your compression and fuel pressure (residual fuel pressure as well) check for intake and exhaust restrictions

oh and is your cel on? dont start throwing money into parts that dont need to be changed until u figure out your problem?

whats the car idle at and when do u shift (if manual) or when does it shift (if auto)?

Last edited:
Back