Possessed Accord?

acaraway

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
My 2001 accord is acting really crazy. I just had to replace the battery, which I bought in March because it had gone dead.
When the new battery was placed in the engine the car started right up, I pulled into my driveway, and turned the car off. Funny thing is, when I removed the key the CAR KEPT RUNNING!
So I have the key in my pocket and my car is sitting in the driveway running. I initially disconnected the battery which did nothing, so I pulled the fuel pump fuse in order to stop the car from running. The car immediately died.
So I put the fuel pump fuse back in place, reconnect the battery, start the car and it starts just fine. As soon as I try to turn off the car and remove the key, the car immediately starts clicking like a machine gun (I assume this is the starter?) and it wont stop until the battery is disconnected again.
This whole situation blows my mind and I have no idea what is wrong.
I'm really hoping someone can help!
Thanks

chaby_91

Reaction score
Go to church, talk the the pastor, give the car an exorcism :duckhunt:

But seriously, I have never heard of anything like that, but if the car keeps running, isn't that an electrical problem?... connections?... Do you have a remote starter?

Last edited:

datFo_OLkizzle

Reaction score
Go to church, talk the the pastor, give the car an exorcism :duckhunt:

But seriously, I have never heard of anything like that, but if the car keeps running, isn't that an electrical problem?... connections?... Do you have a remote starter?

lmfaooo stab it with a stake

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
well disconnecting the battery will not shut the car off unless it's running completely on the battery. you have an alternator remember?

anyway...when you turn the car off you should not hear your starter..it is completely useless after the car is started and it doesn't do anything.

maybe you should check your ignition switch.

jwong512

Reaction score
I believe there was a recall for the ignition switch in which the key could be taken out of the car while it was running. I would call your local dealership and provide them with your VIN number to see if they could replace it for free.

Back