Possible knock

jdmcg3

Reaction score
so i was driving today and every time i would down shift and let off the throttle completely to slow down; i would hear a metal clunking noise. at first i thought it was coming from the tranny cause it would only do it while in gear. also because i had a very violent "pop out" with 1st gear last night. but then i got home a popped my hood and revved its a few times and could hear the noise.

i tired to take a video of it.. the engine is pretty noisy. but you can hear it better towards the end of the video. the noise occurs after the rev up and during the time while the engine is dropping rpms.. if that makes sense..

b18lsturbo

Reaction score
sounds really bad like a rod lose.if it take a crap on u save um and go h22.not f20b why cause u need toque for the heavy body

jdmcg3

Reaction score

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
sounds really bad like a rod lose.if it take a crap on u save um and go h22.not f20b why cause u need toque for the heavy body

Not to be very mean, just blunt, but you honestly seem like a complete idiot.

My opinion, no one else's.

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score

I think hes saying...

sounds like a really bad rod knock. if it takes a crap on you, save up and get and H22 swap. and not a f20b due to you need more torque to move the heavy chassis of the accord.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
That makes a lot more sense. But I'm also referring to his other posts... Like an overall thing.

Anyways not trying to flame. As to your problem I probably would have given those same suggestions, if anything at all, so hopefully you find your issue.

My thinking processes are very scrambled right now.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Check you header flanges. If you have a crack where they meet the block it will magnify your lifters. Trust me and check your headers 1st.

Check for any loose bolts that may have fallen down

Check your pulley system

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
figured it out.. its my catalytic converter. from searching around the rattling noise is caused by failure in the cat.

plan is to just pull the cat off and gut it and turn it into a little homemade test pipe.

or do i have any other options available? other than replacing it or buying a real test pipe?

Back