Powder Coated Headers...Good Idea?

chiaxi2002

Reaction score
I was planning in picking up some headers and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get some stainless steel ones or some powder coated ones? Any tips would be great.

I also have another question. Is it a good idea to buy headers that come with these hinges that bolt up to the car?

headers.jpg

The cheaper headers don't come with them and I was wondering if anyone had bad experience with either one?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Don't buy ceramic. Stick with stainless steal. I have XS power SS headers and they've been going strong for 5 years. I've seen way to many ceramic headers crack to easily. You can always header wrap them but I don't think It's necessary especially on a car that probably won't see too high engine temps since you aren't going forced induction.

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Don't buy ceramic. Stick with stainless steal. I have XS power SS headers and they've been going strong for 5 years. I've seen way to many ceramic headers crack to easily. You can always header wrap them but I don't think It's necessary especially on a car that probably won't see too high engine temps since you aren't going forced induction.

/thread

Back