power Door locks and horn working randomly

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
hey flinch! what exactly does the multiplex thingy do?
it jsut control varies things in the car right? like lights and door switches?
also, does it control the keyless entry?

watut

Reaction score
What a cluster ****...Also my windshield wiper when I turn the switch to the first point(slow) it goes fast.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
WOW.
flinch is right i think.
change your multiplex and see how it goes.

acedomain

Reaction score
my car does the same ...one day the horn went out now it works but sounds mad low ...when im in the car i got to punch the bag to try to get it to horn ....sometimes it will work fine tho ....the only way it does work normal is when the alarm goes off ...

locking the car- sounds low
alarm goes off- loud
inside car-got to pound on it to make contact/ sometimes sounds low or high
if someone hits my car not enough for the alarm to go off but it does make a warning sound- the horn sounds low

would i have the same problem ??

op sorry to thread jack

watut

Reaction score
finch you say the passenger side. I researched some online and they say the drivers side? Can I take this apart and try resoldering it myself? or should I just get a new one?

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
i think you should just get a used or new one.
dont f*** with the multiplex. wont get you anywhere.

finch13

Reaction score
finch you say the passenger side. I researched some online and they say the drivers side? Can I take this apart and try resoldering it myself? or should I just get a new one?

I'd get a used one as a back up before you dig into the multiplexor, I've never open one and don't know what to expect.

Wiring diagram says passenger side, I looked up an 01 LX 4cyl sedan, but they all should be the same. I can double check again if you give me your car info.

my car does the same ...one day the horn went out now it works but sounds mad low ...when im in the car i got to punch the bag to try to get it to horn ....sometimes it will work fine tho ....the only way it does work normal is when the alarm goes off ...

locking the car- sounds low
alarm goes off- loud
inside car-got to pound on it to make contact/ sometimes sounds low or high
if someone hits my car not enough for the alarm to go off but it does make a warning sound- the horn sounds low

would i have the same problem ??

op sorry to thread jack

Low as in volume or low as in pitch?

There is 1 high horn and 1 low horn, but both are operated by the horn relay in the engine bay fuse box, fuse #47 supplies the power.

acedomain

Reaction score
I'd get a used one as a back up before you dig into the multiplexor, I've never open one and don't know what to expect.

Wiring diagram says passenger side, I looked up an 01 LX 4cyl sedan, but they all should be the same. I can double check again if you give me your car info.

Low as in volume or low as in pitch?

There is 1 high horn and 1 low horn, but both are operated by the horn relay in the engine bay fuse box, fuse #47 supplies the power.

both changed on me the pitch and the volume but i mostly care about the volume.....if the fuse was out both shouldnt work right?? regardless ill check the fuse ....so i know probably its the contact in the steering wheel from reading this thread but what about the volume ....im thinking about just getting an air horn anyway but if i can fix it myself than i wont get one cash is tight right now

Back