Power steering hose

Rusty Accord

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Posts
434
Reaction score
3
Location
USA
Has anyone here replaced the pressure line of the power steering on a 2.3L engine? Any tips you can offer?
 

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Posts
19,524
Reaction score
126
Location
Fawking, OH
This was a diy for the v6 but might have had some useful info still. Pics are gone now.

Did you try ericthecarguy's website/YouTube channel?
 

dawg316

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2016
Posts
180
Reaction score
0
Location
canada
gutted mine. dont rember it being hard. but i have a fully stocked toolbox and a hoist. so couldnt tell you.
 

Rusty Accord

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Posts
434
Reaction score
3
Location
USA
This was a diy for the v6 but might have had some useful info still. Pics are gone now.

Did you try ericthecarguy's website/YouTube channel?

No I didn't try Eric's video's yet. Thanks for the suggestion. :) I have done the return before, but was just wondering if it was a PIA to do the pressure side too. I'll find out later this week, as I've got the new line here to replace it. I'm thinking it might be easier with the exhaust off, since I'll be in there this week doing it too (complete from manifold to tail pipe tip). I only say that, as I'd been looking up under there trying to find the leak, and it seemed like there might be more room to work with while the exhaust is out.
 

Rusty Accord

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Posts
434
Reaction score
3
Location
USA
Well, I just dove in there, and changed it. Like when I did the return line, I broke the line off at the fitting, and then put a 14mm 6 point socket on it and removed the fitting. This was after removing the 2 bolts at the pump, and 2 others that held the line in place. In fact, just rear of the lower chassis clamp (on the line) is where the rusty pin hole was that causing the mess and loss of fluid. I hosed the entire area down with carb cleaner, as it was pretty saturated with power steering fluid. Re-assembly was done from the middle working the steering rack end first, but this was after I re-installed the pressure switch. Then I fed the line upwards and just let it float there, until I got the fitting into the steering rack. One that was done, I located the upper end to the pump, lubed the "O" ring and inserted it, followed by bolting it down. Then I plugged the wire in, and zip tied it to the hose (just like the factory had done). I then removed the res jug, and cleaned it up and out, as it had some nasty looking crud inside. Then, once that was done it got re-assembled and topped up.
 
Back
Top