Prep first then macco paint

pellegrini

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Re: Maaco, I checked them out too, From what they told me their cheap paint job is a one step, color & clear. Gotta pay extra for real clear coat. About two years ago it was $800 - $900 for their cheap paint with clear coat. Their best was about $2k.
If your friend has a paint gun, why not have him paint it? Probably be just as good as a cheap Maaco job, or better.

My friend has no time and its took us 2 months just to get it primed hes hella laggy he always bails at the last second, so i dont wanna wait another 2 months

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ok, so if you aren't happy with Maaco's work, then you would have to go through everything all again, unless you plan to pay for the multi-coat/clear finish from them.

01RedAccord

Banned
Reaction score
My friend has no time and its took us 2 months just to get it primed hes hella laggy he always bails at the last second, so i dont wanna wait another 2 months

dude why you messun with punk *** *****ez. You need a crew to be on that and get It finish. Good luck my bro. Yo friend sounds shadey yo

Represent

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Maaco paint sucks ***. They will start showing signs within 1-2 year.

Go to a local autobody shop and they should do it for about the same price, if not 100-300 more.

It's usually $600-$700 for just spraying + clear coating over here in northern cali, plus the work us way better than Maaco.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i work in a detail shop and we had a jetta with a fresh macco paint job in last month for a full detail, paint looked and felt bad, and you couldnt buff it smooth because there wasnt enough clear coat, it was obviously a base coat/clear coat mix, where its sprayed and the clear rises(often un evenly) it was hideous, it looked cheap even from 100ft away, dont get me started on their taping and overspray on this car :ughrun:
save your money, just put it in a jar

Back