Price for changing brakes?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
This reminds me of the thread where a guy with no arms teaches you how to change brake pads ..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
We have all spent money unwisely, so hopefully, you have learned from that.

At the same time, if you don't have the tools/space to do the work yourself, then, perhaps finding a mechanic who will give you a better deal is a good idea.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
bummer man. its unfortunate that many people don't take a smidge of time to search for how to do stuff. even then the ones that do search sometimes unfortunately don't have the tools to do stuff. but man, brakes can be done very easily with most household hand tools. like Derek said, we've all done it. but next time search or ask us. it might save you money and time. ;)

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
We have all spent money unwisely, so hopefully, you have learned from that.

At the same time, if you don't have the tools/space to do the work yourself, then, perhaps finding a mechanic who will give you a better deal is a good idea.

yea if i do it myself it'll be on the side of the road with a 100 buck tool box i got from home depot .... not the best way to go about it ... and honestly i'll do things like spark plugs filter oil simple stuff ... not something where if i mess up it could be fetal for me or other ... until i know for sure how to do it ... i guess i'll be reading alot next time tho

eggs

Reaction score
That's not that bad I had a shop want to charge me 350 for front brake and rotors.

Weecho

Reaction score
I pay some guy I know like 15 dlls and he does it in like 30 mins @ his shop.. But if you don't know a "guy" it really isn't hard to do it yourself like most said..

Chorilored

Reaction score
jesus i should have just done it myself freaking prick charged me 115 to change them

lol :doh: sorry dude u live n learn, but once you get good at it, everyone and their mom(literally) will want you to do theirs :lawl: at least for me that is

eggs

Reaction score
for that much i woulda came to your house and did them myself, and washed your car.. holy **** 350?

i didnt pay that.. i ended up having someone do it and it only cost me parts.

Back