Price of a used oem cat converter

Jimsun

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much i could sell a used cat for? I was thinking $175 canadian. It's pretty rusty but i can dip it in vinegar or electrosis it to clean it up.

Thanks
Not sure if this goes to off topic or fs thread

001Stunna

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much i could sell a used cat for? I was thinking $175 canadian. It's pretty rusty but i can dip it in vinegar or electrosis it to clean it up.

Thanks
Not sure if this goes to off topic or fs thread

It's not as much the outside condition that counts as much as the condition of the material inside...as that is what does all the work. I don't think vinegar will clean the insides up getting it to be back in new condition...

Jimsun

Reaction score
:O someone offered $130. I dunno if it's a good price or not. I assumed it's a hell of a price since every one who wants to take what's left of the car asks if the cat is still intact :D
i guess ppl want oem

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I got a NEW one off ebay for like $130 plus shipping. works fine, passed emissions

Jimsun

Reaction score
I googled around and oem ones are pretty damn expensive ><.. Yea sure ebays are new and cheaper.. Anyways, I sold it for $130 just now. I think it was a cheap price. He knows it was a steal... In the end we're both happy campers

xIrvin

Reaction score
Cats range from so little to so much in price, you have to be in the business of recycling them to know what each and every one is worth. Since i work with cats every now and then i have a good idea of how much some are worth.
I recently sold mine for $150 as well so you got a pretty good price.

Ironade

Reaction score
Yeah, of course, the catalytic converter isn't cheap. I bought mine from advance auto part for $214, it fits very well, and it turn the "engine check" light off. You can go for $130 if that person didn't put a lot of mileage on it.

Back