Primer color question

J30MAN

Reaction score
I am on http://www.spaceagepaint.com/, and am ordering my primer, base coat, clear coat for painting my new mugen style lip I got for christmas. And was wondering what color primer is best for painting below my RP31M (Signet Silver Met.) base coat. A couple years back I heard that if your painting a lighter color to use a dark primer and for painting a darker color to use a light primer. Input is very appreciated. Thanks.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
no...if you use a darker primer it will take more to cover and also be off compared to the rest of the car.(for silver)
use a light gray primer,if possible sealer..your base and clear.
but any will do,just depends on how many coats you want to spray...

J30MAN

Reaction score
I'd like to keep the base coats to a minimum, and the clear at a high. So ill go with white primer?

J30MAN

Reaction score
And do you think 5oz. of base coat will be enough or should I get 8oz.? I was able to put 3 good coats of base on my SRI with a 5oz.

J30MAN

Reaction score
:postwhore: i know lol. But im wondering do i need auto primer? will regular primer work?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
2k primer is the only choice in my opinion, its a filler to fill in imperfections

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
got cheap on paint ul regret it id stick to ppg shopline not cheapest but fair
and if u wanna b cheap and dont watit to flake off then sand with 600 grit, clean surface with wax and grease remover, lightly spray with plastic adheasion promoter, 1 coat of sealer , base until covered, then 2-3 coats of clear, thats the only way id do it, never had people come back with faults like pealing or bubbles due to adheasion

Back