Problem with clutch pedel?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I was driving my car tonight and I felt the clutch pedal was very soft so I'm at a red light and go in to 1st gear and let off the clutch and the car stalls on me because of the pedal it would not want to raise back up to normal. I then drove the car home the pedel is very very short so I'm thinking it could be the clutch master cylinder. I got home and parked the car and I still have full fluid in the reservoir so what's your thoughts guys there's not much pressure on the pedal now for sure the clutch is a exedy stage 1 so I knew off the bat something was strange.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i had a similar problem except my clutch wouldn't even let me switch gears. the pedal would go down and it would not do anything, could not put it in any gear. my problem was that there is supposed to be a harness holding the clutch pedal and we never installed one (my tranny was auto swapped to 5speed). so we ended up bending the bracket of the pedal to where it almost cracked.
that might be a bit extreme, but just check your pedal bracket.

other than that...air in the lines?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Not sure about air in the lines but fluid is full it's the frist thing I checked, I can still shift and go in to gear with no problem but pedal pressure is so short and it's very very soft. I spoke to NVA-AV6 tonight and we're thinking it's the Slave cylinder so I'll go buy that and maybe do the Master Cylinder at the same time. When the car was swapped to a 5spd of course the Master and Slave Cylinder was used :(

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It was the Slave cylinder but at the same time replaced the clutch master cylinder since it's best to do both at the same time.

reydio

Reaction score
how was your master cylinder change? mine was a PITA, i could not get the locking pin back to hold the line. with my big hands, it was hard to get into the corner and remove the master cylinder.

Back