Project BlackOut

eDub

Reaction score
Hey whats going on fellas! sorry for being m.i.a. for a while. the project has been put to a hault due to finances and working on my suspension. the vinyl was about 11-13 a yard from keystone but that only because i knew the guy when i used to install after market sun/moonroofs. my vision for the interior has changed a tad bit but the interior will still be black but i will surely keep you guys posted. if you guys have any ?'s let me know i will be happy to answer them.

Max

Reaction score
I tried this for my car and did black vinyl on the the front and back plastic pieces the are on the left and right border of the windshield and back window. It looked good the first day until the vinyl stopped sticking on the curvy parts of the front plastic borders.

It's frustrating because it's a waste of vinyl which isn't that cheap.. I'll try it again later with much more spray glue on those curvy sections. Thanks for the DIY otherwise I wouldn't know where to start.

If you could, eDub, could you please post up how you did the Vinyl on the door panels? I have no idea where to start so I can get the carpeted sections off my door and cover them.

Thanks! :)

eDub

Reaction score
I tried this for my car and did black vinyl on the the front and back plastic pieces the are on the left and right border of the windshield and back window. It looked good the first day until the vinyl stopped sticking on the curvy parts of the front plastic borders.

It's frustrating because it's a waste of vinyl which isn't that cheap.. I'll try it again later with much more spray glue on those curvy sections. Thanks for the DIY otherwise I wouldn't know where to start.

If you could, eDub, could you please post up how you did the Vinyl on the door panels? I have no idea where to start so I can get the carpeted sections off my door and cover them.

Thanks! :)

Unfortunatly I dont have those pics; I did it when I was at my old job and not on this site yet. I think its depends on the glue, tools used and techniques(typo i think!). I used contact cement which i sprayed on the door and the vinyl piece and put them together when it had a moist tacky feel. I used my tucking tool to trace the outline and cut the excess but not to much of it and tucked in the rest. there was that bar that the glass rubs on when moving you have to remove also. hopes this help; let me know if you have more questions.

Shizzy

Reaction score
How many yards does it take to do the door panels and the center arm rest that you vinyld?

Last edited:

eDub

Reaction score
How many yards does it take to do the door panels and the center arm rest that you vinyld?

if i remember correctly i would say 2 yards was more than enough i think but i would get 3 yards just to be safe and because i can not clearly remember how much i used.

Shizzy

Reaction score
I have leather on my doors rights now, will I have to take it out or whats the best method of installation. I see that its not easy to take it apart either should I start behind the door panel or on the side facing the interior?

pinkee334

Reaction score
Wow, that looks good so far....wish I had the patience to do mine :sad:

me + doing my own interor = :explode:

Last edited:
Back