PSA: WeatherTech Floor Mats

crazyspade101

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted all weather floor mats for my accord, after my 6spd swap I don't want to be tearing a hole through my carpet ones. I was looking around online and the first thing that came up was WeatherTech.

When I went to the site I went to what fits my car, and put in 2000 Honda Accord. It gave me a set of all weather mats that were made for my car, supposedly. I only ordered a set of front ones in black, who is going to fit in the back seat of a coupe anyway. I also ordered a set of window visors, which fit perfect.

So when I get my floor mats open them up and something just didn't look right about them. The passenger side was only an almost rectangular shaped piece of rubber, with a very generic look. The driver side has the right shape but just didn't look right. When putting the driver side in my car, I overlayed it on the carpet one and noticed it was shorter on the end with O clip and was longer where the gas/trunk release is. I still tried to fit it in my car only to notice that it laid on top of the gas/trunk release. I was very disappointed.

So I called to get my RA number to send them back, and the man I spoke with told me that those mats actually don't fit in the 1998-2002 accord... which is quite ridiculous, so I told him that they need to update their website, I highly doubt they will.

Anyway point being is that the WeatherTech All-Weather Floormats for the 98-02 accord do not fit properly, even though they are the only option for "Fits my car" on their website. I believe my part number was W34 for the front ones in black. I did find a set of Honda ones on eBay that I am now using. Sorry if this is a repost, just wanted to share my experience.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that so others know. This member had a great experience with his WT floormats, but his were the more expensive ones maybe.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47951

I assume the below mats are what you got? I prefer these myself.

$T2eC16R,!yUE9s6NFH6PBQuLIveIm!~~60_57.JPG

phi1542

Reaction score

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
They're advertised as 4dr but I thought they fit in my 2dr just fine. Takes a little time for them to mold to the footwell.

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
Weather Tech makes some good mats for the Fall, Winter and Spring. I bought mine with them already on the car and swap the OEM cloth ones only during the summer. I'll go ahead and upload a picture of both the driver/passenger floor mats. This is for a sedan vehicle 1998.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ +1.

I use them 365. They keep the carpet clean no matter what, and they never play around on the carpet, since they're more like a bucket-shaped rather than a tray-type. And, all it takes is 1 min to dust it off. Pressure wash it, when you really want it to look like brand new again.

Here's my coupe one. (Sry, Oz, beat ya! You sleep well 'n take care of your cold so you can prep for our shootout sometimes soon! :p)
DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061_zps0895e55f.jpg

Sino

Reaction score
Got those Accord front mats off ebay in my 4dr as well and they fit OEM (which I assume they are). My car doesn't have a peg for the driver mat, I'm not sure if your hip coupes do or if they're for other Accord gens too.

Edit: comparing the sedan and coupe carpet mats on Majestic, they seem to have different part numbers. Annoyingly, only the sedans have their Accessories - Interior category populated. The all-season mats are listed there for $33. 08P13-S84-101P

Last edited:
Back