PuzzleMaster94's J32 6MT 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: PuzzleMaster94's 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k)

Wow.., you can go pretty soft for not scraping a lot. No, I can't go lower on mine, because the ride height adjustable range is different among SS & SA. That's one thing I like about the SS. Oh crap, your lip is torn up? You mean the paint right? 5th time?? Well, I'm sure you'll be able to recover it, like how you have gone to restore your body paint. Btw, the authentic rear lip is available by James / Henry. Just to lyk.

I have 24 way dampenping I believe, so maybe it is a bit soft lol. I thought you had the SS's. Yea, the lip has been quite a little problem. Well I'll give you the run-down real quick:
  • 1st Repaint, sprayed a Chrysler Green which was thought to match right before Import Alliance Summer Meet 2013 in July
  • 2nd Repaint, after I cracked the lip on a parking block and repaired it
  • 3rd Repaint, my friend who did the first two paintings burned through the paint with a buffer
  • 4th Repaint, my friend re-did it again and I don't know what happened, but it has fisheyes all around and the paint is very easily imprinted.

So after the 4th time, my friend is done with it. I'm just waiting for funds before I can get it repainted again. Might wait until after winter, that way it'll be fresh for Spring/Summer. And as for the rest of the kit, I talked to Bill who has the authentic rear lip. I'm just really hoping I can get it, because they are so hard to find now. I bought Bill's front lip also. So right now I just need money basically

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I have 24 way dampenping I believe, so maybe it is a bit soft lol. I thought you had the SS's. Yea, the lip has been quite a little problem. Well I'll give you the run-down real quick:
  • 1st Repaint, sprayed a Chrysler Green which was thought to match right before Import Alliance Summer Meet 2013 in July
  • 2nd Repaint, after I cracked the lip on a parking block and repaired it
  • 3rd Repaint, my friend who did the first two paintings burned through the paint with a buffer
  • 4th Repaint, my friend re-did it again and I don't know what happened, but it has fisheyes all around and the paint is very easily imprinted.

So after the 4th time, my friend is done with it. I'm just waiting for funds before I can get it repainted again. Might wait until after winter, that way it'll be fresh for Spring/Summer. And as for the rest of the kit, I talked to Bill who has the authentic rear lip. I'm just really hoping I can get it, because they are so hard to find now. I bought Bill's front lip also. So right now I just need money basically
Actually, SS is 16 way adjustable dampers, so don't go more than 16 clicks.

• 1st Repaint -- That is an interesting choice of a color to match it up. :thinking:
  • 2nd Repaint -- Oh nooooo! :shocked:
  • 3rd Repaint -- Did the buffer orbiter ate the pieces of masking tape?
  • 4th Repaint -- Sounds like it needed to be drier when adding a coat / clear coat, but idk what exactly went wrong..

Thanks for the story. I totally missed what happened. Yeah, when it comes to a size of a lip kit, it's usually safer to let the professionals handle it. (Unless you really know what you're doing like, Disko (Brimstone Brown).) When you have the paint service, it is a good idea to add a request for the better paint-matching imo. Durability is also important, but it can be protected with warranties / invested with the clear-bra's, too. Now, when you get Bill's rear lip, I really feel bad for having the side skirts on my car.. :eek:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

^ Yea, the lip isn't having it these days lol. I thought the SS's were 24, but maybe they are not. I'll see if I can find a specs sheet online somewhere

Mikey

Reaction score

I'll probably get the front painted again. For the 5th time........
Ya know...with as dark as our cars are, I bet we could get away with bedlining the underside of the lips...

:haters:

^ Yea, the lip isn't having it these days lol. I thought the SS's were 24, but maybe they are not. I'll see if I can find a specs sheet online somewhere
Evan, I was telling Rich how much I like his setup and I like yours, too. I'm just curious how much further his could go down in the front. I've got the 17s and don't plan on rocking anything bigger so I wonder, if i got the SA, if i could go a smidge lower than him.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Ya know...with as dark as our cars are, I bet we could get away with bedlining the underside of the lips...

:haters:

Paint still looks better though, but I have thought about it, same with black plasti-dip

Evan, I was telling Rich how much I like his setup and I like yours, too. I'm just curious how much further his could go down in the front. I've got the 17s and don't plan on rocking anything bigger so I wonder, if i got the SA, if i could go a smidge lower than him.

I don't think he could go lower, although I could be wrong. I'm all the way down on mine and I still want to go lower. But to give you an idea, I only scraped once in Memphis. That was leaving Perkins

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I don't think he could go lower, although I could be wrong.
You're right, I can't. However there are a couple of ways to do it by saying good bye to the bottom collars or my current springs.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Some simple winter pictures

11312000613_808b6aab76_c.jpg

11312001153_efffe49a41_c.jpg

11312001153_efffe49a41_c.jpg

Coupe tailight mod looks sooo much better than stock

kn0x47

Reaction score

looks good! glad you finally got the tail light mod done haha

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

She sexxi

Back