question about illuminas

The Wicked One

Reaction score
So i have just recently installed some Tokico Illuminas with Eibach Sportlines Springs and i have a few questions. This is my first ever experience with a lowered suspension so bear with me. I also bought them slightly used so i am a little paranoid. (Currently set at 1 in front and 1 in rear.)

1. would increses the setting from say 1 to 3 reduce my chances of scraping my car on the ground?

2. is it normal for the shocks to be making the PSST noise over even the smallest of bumps?

3. Is my understanding correct in that at setting 1 the ride will be at its softest and the shocks will last their longest, whereas at setting 5 the ride will be stiffest and performance at its best, but the shocks will wear out quicker?

4. Any tips for a newly lowerd person. (I already scraped my car pretty good by taking a wrong turn and there being a pretty big dip right in front of me.)

Thanks for any help, and more likely than not these are pretty newbish questions, but i am still learning so dont bash me to hard.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Stiffer setting= harder for the car to bottom out, so less chance of scraping.

Sorry I don't have any experience with illuminas tho, so I can't answer the rest of the questions...

Back