Question about NRG engine damper install

PSYCO G 305

Reaction score
thats where us i4's place the damper..

heres mine,i had to make that shock tower bracket,never cleaned it up..ha
CIMG0934.jpg

Ive seen them on the back of the engine to the fire wall on our six gen I4's.

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
I've got my installed the same area. I hear the noise from the engine whiring too. I believe it comes from the suspension and the power steering. I believe I've lost my bushings...

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I've got my installed the same area. I hear the noise from the engine whiring too. I believe it comes from the suspension and the power steering. I believe I've lost my bushings...

I just took mine off yesterday. That power steering thing was getting on my nerves. I dunno really what to do with it for the time being. If I can get the noise to stop thats great, but I'm running out of ideas on how to do that. Seems like I'm not the only one thats got this noise problem going on.

dynasty

Reaction score
either i misread this part but does this really work? i understand the purpose of how it absorb the engine from rocking but i wonder if it makes a huge difference for the price.

because sometimes when i think about it, for example, if you add in a strut/sway bar to a drag car, what's the purpose of that when a strut bar is to keep your engine stabilized when you drift or do track. so basically your just adding a little more weight to a drag car when you could go a little faster without it. unless you are fat so it makes no difference whatsoever. haha

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
either i misread this part but does this really work? i understand the purpose of how it absorb the engine from rocking but i wonder if it makes a huge difference for the price.

I wouldn't say you can see the difference when launching unless you had other parts combined with it but if you you're actually looking at the engine rev with this installed you can see that the engine basically doesn't move at all so it really does hold it in place well for what you're paying. Except for that power steering noise I'd keep it on my car.

simon_y

Reaction score
I have one installed and and the rubber ring is rather thick, it goes on the shaft of the damper itself. You have to unthread the bottom part, slide the rubber on the shaft and screw the end back on and install it. Its not really that important but it adds some dampening to the shock itself. I only removed the rubber because it looks nicer when you can see the shaft :thumbup:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I just took mine off yesterday. That power steering thing was getting on my nerves. I dunno really what to do with it for the time being. If I can get the noise to stop thats great, but I'm running out of ideas on how to do that. Seems like I'm not the only one thats got this noise problem going on.

Remove your PS. :coffee:

Back