Question On Seatbelts

ActNow

Reaction score
Is there something I can do to improve my seatbelt to whind up faster. Evertime after I unbuckle, I have to manually feed the belt down the opening for it to whind up. Its really getting on my nerves.

I did try searching with no luck. Unless whom ever posted managed to post without using the term seatbelt.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i remember my belt in my old accord doing something like that. i know seat belts have a lifetime warranty, so if you take it to the dealer theyll probably replace the whole unit...and you shouldnt have to pay at all for it, since its a safety item and it needs to work correctly.

finch13

Reaction score
i remember my belt in my old accord doing something like that. i know seat belts have a lifetime warranty, so if you take it to the dealer theyll probably replace the whole unit...and you shouldnt have to pay at all for it, since its a safety item and it needs to work correctly.

If that doesn't work you can always unbolt them and clean all the dust that accumulates and regrease them. My seat belt doesn't even wind up really.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my passenger side seat belt. People have gotten out with the buckle hanging in the door jam a few times and ****ed up the bottom of the door. Any honda dealership will fix it for free, like he said. I just found that out the other day so tomorrow I'm gunna get it looked at tomorrow and see what the deal is. That would be cool if my door panel was warrantied also.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol, i dont think door panels are warrantied by human inflicted damage. thatd be like asking for a new fender cuz you kicked it haha.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
haha yeah probably not, but I'm going to be like "well, wtf, if the seat belt retractor had been operating properly, the door panel would not have gotten ****ed up"

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
there is a spring that whines up the seat-belt. After time it will get weak. Usually the drivers side first, since that it where the most pulling on the seat belt is. I took my seat belt apart from my avalon. It was not retracting at all. I took out the spring and it was broke. So I soldered it back together and it works as good as new.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^ Yes, agreed. Since you could get it fixed for free. But the "spring" to wind the belt is different from the locking mechanism that acts to keep you from flying out your car. lol.

He shouldn't be jeopardizing his saftety at all, how he has it now.

Back