quick exhaust question

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
i feel like i've asked millions of questions about an exhaust, but since i still currently don't have one i think it's time i finally take care of it. i want to purchase an ebay catback to just use the piping. but all of the ebay catback exhaust's say 2door and 4door, but i've heard that they have different hangers. can someone show me a cheap ebay catback that will fix on an 01 coupe 4cyl? any help is much appreciated.

Ocho

Reaction score
Just order one for the 4 cyl coupe and message them at the buy and request ur model

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
i feel like i've asked millions of questions about an exhaust, but since i still currently don't have one i think it's time i finally take care of it. i want to purchase an ebay catback to just use the piping. but all of the ebay catback exhaust's say 2door and 4door, but i've heard that they have different hangers. can someone show me a cheap ebay catback that will fix on an 01 coupe 4cyl? any help is much appreciated.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41058

I had the same question as you.

I just went with custom piping to my axle back.

I first went straight pipe from the cat to the Apexi WS2, was a little to loud for my taste.

Had my old AP2 mid muffler just sitting there ans welded that to my piping. It sounds alot better now without so much drone at 60+ mph.

Cost me $70 for piping and $20 to weld the mid muffler on.

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
id love to do a custom exhaust. but i feel like it will be more expensive. im gonna cut the ebay muffler off and buy a magnaflow muffler. any idea which magnaflow muffler with work on the ebay piping? does the location of the inlet matter?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
id love to do a custom exhaust. but i feel like it will be more expensive. im gonna cut the ebay muffler off and buy a magnaflow muffler. any idea which magnaflow muffler with work on the ebay piping? does the location of the inlet matter?

Just be weary of the product ebay has forsale. You also don't want to turn a $80 piping project to $130+ id you dont need to.

I don't know about the intlet location if it matters, but if it is universal it should be fine eitger way.

truWarier02

Reaction score
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41058

I had the same question as you.

I just went with custom piping to my axle back.

I first went straight pipe from the cat to the Apexi WS2, was a little to loud for my taste.

Had my old AP2 mid muffler just sitting there ans welded that to my piping. It sounds alot better now without so much drone at 60+ mph.

Cost me $70 for piping and $20 to weld the mid muffler on.

Wow, only $70 for piping from the cat-back? I thought it was around $150-200 usually. :thinking:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Wow, only $70 for piping from the cat-back? I thought it was around $150-200 usually. :thinking:

Yeah only $70 for 2 1/4" straight pipe to the muffler with flawless bends.

West Lane Muffler is the only place i go to for anything muffler related.

Owner builds boosted K/H/B series all day.

If im correct Ralph got it done for the same price also.

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Vibrant sounds and looks better than magnaflow..and is the same price ..if u get a magna flow make shure it has MAGNAFLOW on the muffler. There are fake ones out there. And of course ebay stuff will say coupe accord and the hangers might not match up! Cant trust cheap products sometimes!

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
Vibrant sounds and looks better than magnaflow..and is the same price ..if u get a magna flow make shure it has MAGNAFLOW on the muffler. There are fake ones out there. And of course ebay stuff will say coupe accord and the hangers might not match up! Cant trust cheap products sometimes!

that's exactly why i'm weary of what i purchase, but at the same time im not looking for a huge project. after bottoming out and smashing the my cat on someones driveway my car just sounds awful and i need to replace the whole thing. and now that i bought rims from Eggs my car is finally coming together nice and i don't like it sounding like a piece of ****.

Back