rattle in rear end of car

lifelongbread

Reaction score
so as i am driving over bumps or pot holes i hear rattling coming from my back seat trunk area and its driving me crazy.

i have subs in the trunk. do you think prolonged use (2-3 years) could have loosened some parts...? is there anything i can do to stop those parts from rattling. :poke:

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Re: rattle in rear end

Do you have the subs held down? Is there a bunch of junk in your junk lol? What kind of rattle? Is it a metal to metal sound?

lifelongbread

Reaction score

haha held down? i have two door stops keeping them from sliding around. and i dont have anything in my trunk. some metal to metal and some just plastic pieces rattling

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

did you check to make sure your jack is tight....make sure you open your trunk and find the jack to make sure it is tightened in it's place....

lifelongbread

Reaction score

its in that little pocket for it on the right side of the trunk. i also checked to see how tight the spare tire was and i tighted it down and stuffed a tshirt down there between the tire and the metal just to wedge it a little. but it still makes it.

i also just got new struts. my old ones had 175k miles on them(stock) i got the kyb gr2's. which also feel a little stiffer. maybe this is the reason?

lifelongbread

Reaction score

well i know we didnt replace the strut plates when we installed the new struts.... but it sounds like the sound is inside the cab. my car just feels loose. it just seems like i just need to take everything in the cab apart and add rubber washers on every bolt and tighten them down....

lifelongbread

Reaction score

kinda but not as bad.... its just gotten worse since the struts.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score

How are your springs? Go back a make sure the top mounts are tight where they bolt up inside the car. Check your rsb endlinks...

Back