Rattle in the trunk

TACORICAN

Reaction score
Sometimes I close the trunk and while I drive, there is this rattle noise coming from the back. If I re-open the trunk and close it again, it goes away. This is been happening in the recent months. I've checked for any lose screws or anything but found nothing. Has anyone here experienced this?

slowrider87

Reaction score
how loud is the rattle? how tight is your licence plate. lol, anything rolling around under the spare (assuming there is one in there), have you taken out all the liners and looked around then, check your tail lights maybe a little something broke off the back and is laying in a crevice of the trunk lid that you may not be able to see. i had that happen with a screw before. get a vacuum, a toilet paper tube, a 12 inch hose (or otherwise flexible tube), and your trusty roll of duct tape. make a funnel shape from the toilet paper tube if you have an easier way for the funnel shape go for it, i just went ghetto macgeiver style on that sh*t) and tape it to the vacuum hose, attach the flexible tube to the now funneled toilet paper tube (another opportune use of your trusty duct tape)and stick it in all the small crevices you can get a finger into.... that sounded really gay, my bad.... anyways, if you have a peice of something rolling around you may be able to suck it up with that. if the hose is too small it may not go through but it may get stuck on the end.

cajun

Reaction score
Maybe your jack is mounted a little loose? That's what she said.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
So I began tapping things around the trunk to see what would make a similar noise. It seems to be the bar that goes across the trunk (like a spring) to keep the trunk open. Could it be worn out? It was replaced with a new one about 3 years ago when the OEM spoiler was installed (the one that comes with the spoiler).

Now, could the spring be messed up? It also doesn't pop my trunk open every time. Only sometimes it'll pop open and other times I have to do it manually after unlatching the trunk.

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
On my V6 those torsion bar springs are adjustable. I think you can move the end into 1 of 3 slots. Try tightening it up a slot

Nismode

Reaction score
I heard rattling in my trunk, turned out to be my RSB bushings and links.

matty2013

Reaction score
I have a better solution :p
They sometimes clang together, wrap an elastic band around them so that they are pulled together tightly, but it won't affect your opening or closing the trunk, no more rattling trunk springs for me (it was caused by biggere speakers pushing down on them in the rear in the first place)

Ch1R

Reaction score
my back bumper rattles, i already know its not my license plate because i put two rags behind it with tape haha but anyways, when i put pressure on the bumper it doesnt vibrate so im going to try and fix that tomorrow.

Back