Raw gas smell comming from some where...

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Its in the DYI section because some of us ACTUALLY work on our cars. Diagnosing is a part of that. If you need I will send you a bunch of pics of hoses that look fine, areas that arent leaking gas and maybe some gas vapor pics. Really... if I am asking for any HELP on something I have been doing myself on my own car you think the DYI section would be a place for this post...

Thats why there is the Accord Tech, and other sub sections of the forum :ownedrun:

CARVERitUP

Reaction score
exactly^^ I wasn't being an ***. I was simply asking why you put it in the diy when there isn't any diy.

For easy proof...go outside this thread into just the diy section as a whole. Now look.

almost everything has DIY in the title, not a question. That should be your first clue that you posted in the wrong section. :lolhitting:

Last edited:

Badook

Reaction score
exactly^^ I wasn't being an ***. I was simply asking why you put it in the diy when there isn't any diy.

Ok I can admit when I am wrong, I didnt put enought thought into where to put the post. At the time I thought I made the best decision and it wouldnt hurt my feelings if the post ends up in the tech area.

I am going to yank the intake manifold this weekend and get the egr cleaned up and see if anything improves.

finch13

Reaction score
Holy balls guys... if you want to bunch up each others panties do it over PMs or something...

It's likely not EGR related. Everyone knows what an exhaust leak ahead of the catalytic converter smells like, if you need a reminder go smell an old car tail pipe. It's certainly not RAW fuel smelling.

The best you can do is trace where all the raw fuel goes in the car. Sniff around the gas tank, around the evap canister, fuel lines to the engine, fuel rail, injectors.

While the engine is running, spray some carb cleaner or ether around the injectors. If the engine stumbles or changes speed, you've probably got leaking injector seals. Parts stores carry individual ones that are about $10/ea. I'd buy all 4. Also, check fuel line right behind the intake manifold, where it goes from a hard line to a flex line.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
I had a leaking flex pipe, if you want to know what that smells than go smell a rottening mexicans car that has no cat no mid muffler and a 354" tip on it.

5spd'r

Reaction score
Its in the DYI section because some of us ACTUALLY work on our cars. Diagnosing is a part of that. If you need I will send you a bunch of pics of hoses that look fine, areas that arent leaking gas and maybe some gas vapor pics. Really... if I am asking for any HELP on something I have been doing myself on my own car you think the DYI section would be a place for this post...

This is the 'Do It Yourself' section, not the 'Do Yourself Injury' section. BTW, my CB9 has been doing this off/on for 4 years or so, mainly if I run it for a very short time and then shut if off.

Badook

Reaction score
This started summer time and now year round, the smell starts after it warms up, I only notice it when i am at a stop.... You know that whole trying to smell around the car while driving never really works out. I tested the valves on the canister and it ohmed out fine. I am 100% sure its commig from the rear side of the cat.

Latest posts

Back