Re-upholstery Materials: How much...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Here is what i did:
door1ce4.jpg

backtr0.jpg

I only did one side because i haven't decided on color.

Anyway. I spent about $15 but i already had the spray adheasive. That was enough for both sides, with screwing up accouple times and scraping some material. I used fake suede. I bought it a Jo Ann fabrics which is a chain, i don't know how big but they are all over the place in my area.

accordc1

Reaction score
talon did your door come in black? is that just for the coupe?

6genaccord

Reaction score
wow both of your panels look great. I'm really liking the black and blue...lucky for you the doors are already black lol. anyway...

so i actually used to work at michael's... don't think we have a material by the yard department BUT I'll call around. Am I just looking for material that will "work" that i like then for the upholstery? with no specific requirement? I'm under the impression that the headliner is the specific material and the other isn't...

Also, I might as well spray my door panels while they're off...Any tips besides slow and steady thin coats in a dust free environment? Just regular rattle can? gloss, matte? does it matter or is just whatever I'd prefer?

This is turning into a really helpful thread. thanks for all the great input guys.

Last edited:

6genaccord

Reaction score
anyone have a link or a DIY on the door panel disassembly?

i just bought 4 yards of black suede :) it was on sale at joanns for $12 yard

accordc1

Reaction score
did your car come with that charcoal color or did you have to buy that from honda?

accordc1

Reaction score
cool im going to see if honda has those for a sedan that i can pick up it would be nice

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
anyone have a link or a DIY on the door panel disassembly?

i just bought 4 yards of black suede :) it was on sale at joanns for $12 yard

Whats sucks about the sedans is that the door panels are all one piece, where as I'm pretty sure the coupes door panel inserts actually come off. The easy part is getting the material wrapped over the top of the door panel and secured. The biggest pain in the *** is getting it to stick and hold in the crack that curves down the door panel.

Here I'll draw you a diagram...................
Diagram.JPG

LEDenied

Reaction score
Think it would be a bit ricey if i did my headliner in NY Giants logo print? lol

Back