rear end problems???

michaellane

Reaction score
well first off im a noob...i dirve a 2002 honda accord ex V6 4 door.

in the back i notice some sagging due to the extra weight (350pounds to be exact) and maybe just old age of my car??? i have a few hundred pounds in the trunk at ALL TIMES (audio). so pretty much i just want to fix the sagging the safest and cheapest way possible. i dont race my car or anything like that. it is a daily driver and thats all. and the ride already kinda sucks i guess from the crap in the trunk. and yes its 350 pounds THIS IS THE CORRECT WEIGHT and i dont want to change my set up at this time...

some people have told me that i should get stiffer springs and that would fix it? and some people have told me to get coilovers? and some on here say to just get some new OEM springs??? i dont know which to get and why i would choose either one. any and all info would help out a ton!

thanks

michaellane

also can you recommend a exact mod number of what i should buy and why? also if i can find the exact item on ebay should i buy on there and save some money or buy from somewhere else?

oh and a buddy of mine will be doing all the work i just have to supply the parts...

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
After market springs will lower your car. Best bet is to buy some new rear shocks and springs OEM originally from honda. Or go to a local junk yard to find some with low miles.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
Your car is completely screwed. Jk jk. Yeah what hondaluver said. Your shocks are bad cause you use them too much and you should replace the springs. Deliver me a pizza I'm hungry right now. If you search the site a member probably has some oem shocks for sale. I think I saw a thread about it.

Or you could post a WTB thread for some OEM springs and shocks if you're looking to pay less than the stealership.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Who the hell advised you to get coilovers? Coilovers provide the most advanced setup for our cars in terms of stiffness/height. If your car is daily driver you don't need anything like that.

The most logical and cheapest avenue is to do what the guys above me said and get some used, low miles OEM replacement rear shocks + springs for your car. Don't buy these on ebay. Look to get them from members on here, V6performance.net, or go to your dealership. Or take your guy who's doing the labor to the junkyard for you and have him take what he needs off an Accord there. Then give the hero a pizza.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I've got some shocks but they have about 70k on them so I'd suggest trying to find a seller who's shocks have lower miles. GL..... Lol coilovers

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i used to deliver pizzas i mah car too, but i never had suspension issues... check and see if it's ur springs that are sagging or if ur shocks are blown (u'll see fluid all around it if it's blown).. if it's ur shocks, get a replacement one.. if it's ur springs, replace both ur shocks and springs..

VietGuy03

Reaction score
Yea I don't think Coilovers will suit your needs, unless you are taking corners at like 50 mph or something. lol :) I have to agree with the above posts and have your suspension checked out first, and if it turns out to be a shock or spring issue call up the junk yard. You car's suspension is compatible with either sedan or coupe 6th Gen Accord, or 99-03 TL/CL suspension as well.

Back