recommendation for front side marker (amber)

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
they do? idk.. but i went with the EK ones.. they are bigger with the DC5 just installed them today.

Does anyone actually have the DC5's installed? I have the EK smoked side markers, and I love them. Nice and bright :)

EDIT: And yes, template template template! Whichever sidemarkers you get, use that template. You don't wanna f*** up your fender and be left with a gaping hole.

Last edited:

slaiguy

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the DC5's installed? I have the EK smoked side markers, and I love them. Nice and bright :)

EDIT: And yes, template template template! Whichever sidemarkers you get, use that template. You don't wanna f*** up your fender and be left with a gaping hole.

got pics? im lookin into smoked ek's and jus wanted to see what it would look like before install...

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Sure, here's a recent (dirty) pic.

4758468775_c18bc4a2d6_b.jpg

For brightness, its about at bright as the corner marker, if not brighter. I wanted them to turn on and stay on with the parking lights, and only blink when turning, but the markers are probably too bright for that.

Last edited:

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
Sure, here's a recent (dirty) pic.

4758468775_c18bc4a2d6_b.jpg

For brightness, its about at bright as the corner marker, if not brighter. I wanted them to turn on and stay on with the parking lights, and only blink when turning, but the markers are probably too bright for that.

you can make them light up with the ambers and blink?

how'd you do that?

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I wonder if you guys can get NZDM Fenders / Headlights in the US??
The ones out here come with them as standard, and the headlamps have clear strips under them.
car787pic1.jpg

9450erick

Reaction score
where did u get ur bulbs cause i have tried many and some r not bright enough and some dont look amber enough. i want both bright and amber looking

Wiring Side Markers

There are two wiring options. USDM Side marker only blinks when turn signal is on or JDM (Side markers stay on and blink alternately with the signal). Pull back the fender liner and remove the corner/parking light. There will be 3 wires going to the bulb. Tap into the corresponding wires for each blinking style.

USDM:

Tap into green (turn signal) and black (ground) wire.

JDM:

Tap into red (parking light) and green (turn signal) wire.

heres the options on wiring you could find this on the sidemarker DIY in the master DIY list/ stickyed lol

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
you can make them light up with the ambers and blink?

how'd you do that?

I asked the guy who installed mine if he could do that, but he told me I shouldn't because they would be too bright at night.

I wonder if you guys can get NZDM Fenders / Headlights in the US??
The ones out here come with them as standard, and the headlamps have clear strips under them.
car787pic1.jpg

You could probably ship both the fenders and headlights over to us, but the cost of shipping and hassle would be too much.. Probably cheaper to just buy a set and custom fit them in.

9450erick

Reaction score
I asked the guy who installed mine if he could do that, but he told me I shouldn't because they would be too bright at night.
he just told you that cause his lazy *** didnt want to rewire lmao jp

Back