Red Light Cameras

BriTess

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is the possiblity of a ticket coming in the mail for me in the near future. A lady in front of me was not paying attention when the light turned green and we sat for a quite awhile before we started moving. Right before I entered the intersection the light turned yellow. I guess I could've tried to stop but I was already going pretty quick and the lady got me PO'd so I didn't want to wait for another light cycle. It was a close call so I'm not entirely sure I ran the light. There was a car behind me that also ran the light, so will he get the ticket instead of me or will we both get it? Also, about how long does it take to get the ticket in the mail? Yes, I know running lights is dangerous, it is not a hobby of mine. Thanks for the advice

jdmcg3

Reaction score
about a week. but to me it sounds like youre good. i wasnt there so i cant say for sure or not.

but if you do get one... then you can just check the box saying it wasnt you driving :jae:

Mikey

Reaction score
then you can just check the box saying it wasnt you driving :jae:
Yeah, cuz, that'll get you outta the ticket. :rolleyes:

Your horn......it's broken?
This.

OP, those cameras dont usually flash until the light turns red. If it had just turned yellow as you entered the intersection then you should be ok. Especially if there was someone behind you.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Every state is different, but if you are in the intersection before the light is red, you should be fine.

Next time use the horn. lol

NGP_UA5

Reaction score
If your back tire crossed the white line before it went red you should be good.

dtraill27

Reaction score
but if you do get one... then you can just check the box saying it wasnt you driving :jae:

That does work sometimes if they don't want to pursue you for the $75 or whatever but some states just say it was your car your responsibility.

Every state is different, but if you are in the intersection before the light is red, you should be fine.

Next time use the horn. lol

+1 as long as you crossed the white stop line no worries

BriTess

Reaction score
Believe me, I got in a good 4 or 5 honks before she put down her phone and started moving.

Back