Remove turn signal clicking?

DizzyP

Reaction score
Reminder noise, that's funny I have to remind myself because the only noise I hear is my music.

The Avenger literally sounds like a 40 amp relay click, so generic.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
If you take them apart you may find the noise maker. Old ones were mechanical, they always make noise. Some new ones are electronic, no noise, but they have added a bit to make noise. Call it a reminder noise.
Maybe I will try taking mine apart when I have the time then. Would the bit used to make the noise affect any other sounds the car usually has?

DizzyP

Reaction score
All I know is what I know and that is it is considered to be called a Turn signal/hazard flasher unit. It is a single electronic flasher unit. It has three terminals. The ground and one terminal for left and one for right, both to ground is hazards. The actual unit is behind the driver fuse panel.

Look a like a dis
977ebf4e6555e4ae3409b71aefca366a.jpg

Easy wiring either grounded or not (I am not sure about the voltage, always good to verify) prob easy swap to other Hondas and models to change the sound. Not sure auto part shop would appreciate you requesting hecka different models might be better to go Amazon route. I would say by the side of the unit and the description and operation it has electronics in it that control a mechanical relay which makes the clicking sound.

I don't have my car for another week but think I will crack it open to have a look see when I do.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a mechanical noise coming from the turn signal relay, when it switches on/off.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
you might wanna look around on vleds.com for the particular electronic flasher.

I think i remember there were a few silent flashers, when i was looking for a led flasher to get rid of the hyper blinking issue.

I think so.. But it was 7~8 yrs ago haha.

Well, I just visited their site for the first time in a long time, and I see that some of their flashers are described as "...w/ click sound" so I'd assume that they make silent ones.
 ↓
http://www.vleds.com/flashers-modules.html

Back