replacing starter help

HONDAVACCORD

Reaction score
I know theres many threads on replacing a starter and even a video on youtube,but I need help still.Anyways everything on my car is rusted,salt damage,corrosion,etc. I took out my battery and the bolt broke in half from rust so I have to replace that now and also I took out the hose thats in my way of the hex screw holding my starter.I have room to get to it,but I just cant unscrew it because its on there so tight from rust and what not.I got one hex 14mm hex screw unscrewed and have a long way to go.I called firestone and they want $299 plus $70 for towing lol I cant afford it.How do you work around rusty screws because they are on there and wont budge.Its my first time replacing a starter and everyone says its the easiest job,but somehow my car gives me trouble.Please give my tips!WD40 isnt working lol I have boxes of new parts and they are no use unless the car is driveable.HELP!

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
images

Use PB Blaster and let it soak for a few hours.

HONDAVACCORD

Reaction score
Just got back from autozone with a can and sprayed it on.Thanks for the tip and hopefully it can save me money!

Back