Retrofit Club

DfeAt01

Reaction score
I will be using TSX projectors, E46 shrouds and 4300k bulbs. I'm also going to paint the housing black. I wanted to ask those of you who do have a retrofit done which lens did you use? Did you just stick with the normal OEM lens or used something else like say TYC clear lens or what not? I'm asking because my damn lens cover is foggy as **** and I dont want to install the new retrofit with those nasty stains on there. I know they sell cleaning kits for that kind of stuff. Any one got any opinions?

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
i think our rule states that you have to use oem headlight.....:D
but welcome to the club :rock:

Here are the rules I read on post #1:

##### RULES #####

How do I get into the coolest club on this forum? Simple look at these rulez:
1. Well, I'm # 1
2. Must have OEM projector headlights from another car.
3. #2 must be mounted and custom retrofitted in your headlights.
4. HIDs must have ballast w/ external or internal igniters
5. Must have d2s or d2r bulbs
6. May not be "HID kits" in stock housings.
7. TYC "projectors" are not permitted, even with "HID kit" bulbs. (they do not resemble creativity)
8. Its not hard to get into just do a retrofit

1. hmm...
2. check
3. check
4. check
5. check
6. check
7. The TYC projectors were removed, so check
8. okay

In all honesty, I'd say it's more tedious to do a retrofit into a set of projector headlights if you maintain the use of the original shroud. Retrofitting projectors into a set of OEM headlights gives you much more room for error & placement options, whereas the projector shroud requires you to fit what is most likely a much larger OEM projector into a space it doesn't belong with room for only a few millimeters of error. Just my $.02...my next retrofit will definitely be a set of OEM headlights, it's not worth the headaches.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
lets play nice guys....everything is updated...guys made it hard numbering since everybody was claiming what number they were out of order...ANYWHO...everything is good to go

i wonder if i can do a porche projector..ne ideas?
ohh and yes u can...Dinzdale has some in his retro

DfeAt01

Reaction score
00Accord,
Dude that freaken retro is nice. I'm in NEED of some clear lens covers for my headlights. Where did you get yours from!??!?! I really dont wanna buy TYCs since they are so damn expensive and all im going to need is the lens you know? I see you said you spent 50 bucks on yours? Any info will be appreciated.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
they are like those..i have the ones from the link i posted..and so far i haven't had any problems about any melting

Back