Retrofit issues

jaron001

Reaction score
turn ur headlights on during the day they shift way faster other then that get the ultinon 6k they are sick

trevendous03

Reaction score
turn ur headlights on during the day they shift way faster other then that get the ultinon 6k they are sick

Ultinon bulbs lose 1,000 lumens of output though. That's almost 30% light lost. I'm still looking to save output but provide pure white color.

trevendous03

Reaction score
the color mod for tsx projectors is putting 2 washers on each "nipple" on the bottom of the "halves" of the projector...so 4 washers per projector. real simple...

ive never seen tyc's up close...but yeah it probably is for the high beam.

once again, ive never messed with tyc's. if you have a stock headlight around, look at the lower corners and you'll see some little "boxes" on the outside...those are the vent holes. people always say they need to seal the crap out of the headlights. my stockers dont leak (as in: when its raining) but they fog up when the temp goes from like 40 degrees to 70 and humid, and especially vise versa.

ive drilled holes in the bottom of headlights due to fogging and even standing water. if there's water inside, they're leaking. if there's fog, they're condensating due to the moisture not being able to escape.

our headlights aren't water/air tight regardless of how much sealant is on them...i wish people would stop propagating this myth :eusa_wall: the only totally sealed headlights ive dealt with were plymouth acclaim/dodge spirit 9004 headlights.

if you take off the ignitor (wire that attaches to the bulb) and look at the bulb, it'll have a + next to 85122. if not, its a regular 85122.

you want to see yellow...i have a heavily used 85122 non-plus bulb for testing...that thing is bad.

check out this thread if youre a hidplanet member. otherwise, here's an excerpt:

Okay, so I purchased some 85122CX Philips Crystal Vision 5000k bulbs, so we shall see.

About the ventilation... I think you're right. It's just moisture on the inside front of the headlight, and it's driving me insane, because you can't tell it's even blackhoused anymore. It's also taking forever to completely evaporate, so I've been leaving the high beam bulb out overnight in the garage, and it's been working better.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Okay, so I purchased some 85122CX Philips Crystal Vision 5000k bulbs, so we shall see.

About the ventilation... I think you're right. It's just moisture on the inside front of the headlight, and it's driving me insane, because you can't tell it's even blackhoused anymore. It's also taking forever to completely evaporate, so I've been leaving the high beam bulb out overnight in the garage, and it's been working better.

good luck on that! I tihnk i'm about to sell my TSX retro.

trevendous03

Reaction score
good luck on that! I tihnk i'm about to sell my TSX retro.

I commented on your FS thread. I may be looking for new retros if resealing or drilling holes doesn't work. All I would need are the headlights though, not ballasts or bulbs or harness.

C_S_L

Reaction score
When I retrofitted my headlights with TSX projectors I might have installed them crooked so it took many alignments to get it right by actually taking the entire thing off and trial and error. Its not hard, its just annoying. I have fogging in both headlamps whenever it rains, but my seal isnt completely 100% great so when the sun comes up the moisture evaporates due to gaps in my seal which I did on purpose to allow ventilation. Don't be afraid to take them apart, you will learn something new from it.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I commented on your FS thread. I may be looking for new retros if resealing or drilling holes doesn't work. All I would need are the headlights though, not ballasts or bulbs or harness.

pm-ed you.. also, it just comes with the d2s adapters for the bulbs, not the ballasts and wiring harness.

trevendous03

Reaction score
pm-ed you.. also, it just comes with the d2s adapters for the bulbs, not the ballasts and wiring harness.

Oh ok, yeah I have a nice harness already and Denso slims and soon-to-be 85122CX bulbs, so all I would need are the headlights. Don't hold them from sale for me though, feel free to sell to other buyers. I don't call dibs then flake. Right now it's 50/50 whether I'll buy them from you or not, cause condensation did go down in my headlight, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow again, so I'll def be able to tell then.

trevendous03

Reaction score
3640189322_8748e66e54_o.jpg

Back