Rev limited at 3K

6genaccord

Reaction score
So I searched and read through a thread on a 4K rev limiter. I'm thinking this might be similar but I'm pretty concerned right now so am hoping someone can help me sleep better tonight.

I was driving home from the city tonight and after getting on a highway and attempting to accelerate and merge, my car started bucking. At first I prayed it was my transmission so I could have a better reason to start my swap... like tomorrow, but after pulling over and checking the oil (which was fine... I even threw in a little extra) I realized my car wouldn't rev over 3K. It would shift through all the gears fine and I could cruise around 60 as long as I didn't go over 3K. My CEL light came on and the maintenance required light flashed for a bit.

And to top it off I was driving a girl home (no pictures will NOT be posted lol) which made it even more embarrassing... no interior, stiff suspension and partial break down :bash:... we'll see if there's date number 2. I think so lol :coffee:

oh well... any words of encouragement would be nice otherwise i'll be getting the code first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks guys

IcyAccord

Reaction score
Do you have a management system?

The same thing happened with my car, but with the Emanage..

honda_dude

Reaction score
time for a new car dude!!...lol....JK!

hope everything goes well

jdmaccord6

Reaction score
get that catalytic convertor checked out. almost 100% sure it is that...how many miles are on the car?

Back