Reverse Lights + HID Relay

sajin

Reaction score
I have two questions:

1) I am looking into getting some new reverse light bulbs for my car and I was wondering if anyone had some input on LEDs vs CREEs. Basically something like these LEDs vs these CREEs.

2) I currently have some HIDs on my car and today it took me a couple of on/offs just to turn on the driver side bulb. Would purchasing a relay for the HIDs possibly solve this problem? This is something along the lines of the relay harness i'm referring too.

Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cree led willl always project more light compared to the other led. However, CREE leds will only emit light one direction. Since the 6thgen sedan has the reverse light socket mounted at an angle facing towards the side of the car..like so " / \ ".. it will not light up straight behind. If you want something bright..I have 5050 SMD reverse led for sale:hide:

Your hid issue might be a faulty bulb and or ballast. Yes, HID relay should be always used so that your ballast gets power directly from the battery. But, that doesnt mean not using one will not work. I would suggest you purchase a hid harness and see if that will fix your problem.

JetLife

Reaction score
i was excperiencing the same issue, i just said screw it and bout a 55w new kit lol

Mikey

Reaction score
Even with a harness, 55w isn't necessary.

As for reverse lights, I think the CREEs will be a better bulb. Reverse is where you want a single beam. As for ebay's LEDs, I've found that you get what you pay for. IDK about buying $20 ebay LEDs but the cheap ones are just that.

Your HID problem sounds like either a bulb or ballast.

001Stunna

Reaction score
If you get cree LEDs get the ones that have smd LEDs around the body as well. I tried the ones posted here and they suck unless you've got tyc tails.
Got the other ones and like em a lot better. However our diagonal reverse position on sedans sucks balls lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Never would have guessed the reverse light bulbs are mounted diagonally inside sedan tails, that's weird.

Back