RL calipers + fastbrakes adapter + Motegi ff7 17" = Fail

Kink

Reaction score
After taking some time to put together a DIY RL caliper BBK, I have discovered that it simply won't fit. I was foolish enough to take Fastbrakes' info at face value that the RL caliper adapter kit only requires wheels at least 17" in diameter.

I have Motegi ff7's of the 17 inch variety on my ride. Unfortunately after getting 12.8" rotors 4-lug drilled, the fast-brakes adapers, and the RL calipers I have discovered that there is no way these will fit. The offset is not enough to allow enough space laterally for the caliper, and the radius from the hub to the inside the wheel is also too small to fit the caliper. It is really frustrating to find this out at the last step.

I am not too interested in getting 18" rims at this point, or perhaps in general: I don't think going bigger than 17" is cosmetically right on this car, but that's a matter of taste.

There must be some 17" rims which will fit this configuration. Does anyone know of any models which will likely fit? No one ever quotes the interior diameter of a set of wheels as far as I can tell, so it's very hard to figure out which 17" rims would work.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
How much does wheel hit brakes, washers work to estimate thickness of spacer

kn0x47

Reaction score
the rl came with 17s from the factory so technically they're still right. The fake rivets on that wheel probably gives it the same inner diameter as a 16"

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Also can do a li'l w/ angle grinder, not much, saw a friend get like 0.001" clearance lol

Back