Rota Wheels

jcanni

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about picking up a set of rota grids for my S4. 18 x 9.5 et 20. I heard a lot of horror stories about rotas. Them breaking and bending just from torque. Anyone have any experiences or stories they like to share?

John

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
the wheels are just fine

breaking or cracking happens due to idiots who cant drive or miss potholes

and bending due to torque ????
you must be talking bout
rotayu3.jpg

that was due to the wheels hitting the caliper and warping from the heat

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Rotas are strong wheels, just the paint is kinda soft like mentioned above. I love grids and used to have a set!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Rotas are strong wheels, just the paint is kinda soft like mentioned above. I love grids and used to have a set!

Rotas are not strong wheels. Forged aluminum are strong wheels, rotas are decent, as long as you don't hit any pot holes.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
you'll be fine with grids, i just got rid of mine because they didnt match the car as much as i would like to.. the 6spoke has enough stength.. and thats coming from someone who lives in the NYC area lol....

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
No complaints here, and mine have def hit a few potholes. One has even got hit by a motorcycle, and all it did was chip the lip.

Millz

Reaction score
friends dont let friends ride rotas...

seriously though, the only horror stories ive heard about rotas have been due to extensive track use,

not much to expect there i guess since the wheels werent made for that kind of abuse

Back