Rotor Pricing

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Also, you're need a special tool or impact gun to get those screws off.
A regular phillips screwdriver WILL NOT do it alone.

heathan

Reaction score
I'm gonna use some PB Blaster, a torch if need be, and an impact screwdriver; the kind ya whack with the hammer. That should do it.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yep, impact screwdriver. then put on a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter, then a socket, then a screwdriver bit that fits in the socket. like this:
DSC00271.JPG

whatever you do, dont use a philips head. only use a flat head since it digs into the screw better. if you use an impact screwdriver, you wont need a torch (i hope lol mine came off ok).

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
ryan s said:
yep, impact screwdriver. then put on a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter, then a socket, then a screwdriver bit that fits in the socket. like this:
whatever you do, dont use a philips head. only use a flat head since it digs into the screw better. if you use an impact screwdriver, you wont need a torch (i hope lol mine came off ok).

Exactly. I doubt you'll need a torch if you have an impact driver.
It's ok to use a phillips bit as long as it's a big one. That's what I used and it was fine

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
blacknight said:
It's ok to use a phillips bit as long as it's a big one. That's what I used and it was fine
i had one rotor screw per side, and the driver's side one was too stripped even for my biggest philips. the passenger side one wasnt that bad. get the biggest philips thatll fit, and if it doesnt work, just go with the flat. it makes life easy when the previous owner of your car messes things up :D

heathan

Reaction score
Sounds good. I'll give the phillips a toss and check it out. I got some E-Z Outs in case they're stripped too. I'm assuming and hoping that they won't be.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i tried taking mine off with a normal drill, haha. 1 turn and snap, for all 4 of them too, haha. oh well, like ive said, theyre not that important. when you put the wheel on it holds on the rotor too.....even a tech at work has said theyre not even that important.

WEIGHT REDUCTION! haha.

heathan

Reaction score
Yeah, we just replaced the rotors on my girl's civic and the bolts had already been snapped off. They're just for factory assembly purposes I'm guessin. The other rotors went on fine and held in place.

Back