Rotor Pricing

heathan

Reaction score
Well, I've decided to go ahead and order the pair from Summit Racing. I'll be replacing the pads too but I'll probably just go with autozone for that.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brembo Blanks and EBC greenstuff pads.

Summit Racing is like 10min from me and like 20 from Angelplus.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Brembo blanks are nice with EBC green stuff pads.
I've heard that Hawk pads leave a lot of brake dust.

From wht I've heard, try to avoid cross drilled rotors. They leave a low of stress points and may crack under hard/severe braking. Normal city driving would be safe though, but something like extreme road racing would be too excessive. Especially for that Ebay stuff.
BUT, I've had two sets of cross drilled/slotted rotors and everything was fine. My previous set was a pair of powerslot rotors and my current set is a pair or Brembo rotors.
With the powerslot rotors I was using EBC pads and that were great. With my current rotors I'm using Factory pads and they seem to be pretty good with no brake dust at all.

heathan

Reaction score
So should I go with cross drilled only, or drilled & slotted? That's the two options for the summit rotors. I don't do alot of crazy driving so will it really even matter. Theres about a 20 dollar difference between the two.

blindside

Reaction score
i would probably just go with the slotted ones.... that's what i'm planning to do soon, my brakes are starting to make some annoying noises... could be just dirt.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
heathan said:
So should I go with cross drilled only, or drilled & slotted? That's the two options for the summit rotors. I don't do alot of crazy driving so will it really even matter. Theres about a 20 dollar difference between the two.

i'd go with just slotted, not cross-drilled.

i have slotted, huge difference over stock from my experience

heathan

Reaction score
Slotted it is then guys. Thanks for all the help with the decision. I'll probably end up postin about the install and everything once they arrive.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, installs easy. just take off the caliper, take out the 2 screws that hold the rotor on, if and when you brake those, dont worry, theyre unimportant, haha, i dont even have mine anymore. but yea, then you take the rotor off, put the new one on, and put in the pad if you get those too, then put the caliper back on and youre set, haha. good luck :).

Back