Rotors...

Neight

Reaction score
How many of you guys have actually re-machines your rotors? My accord is 10 yrs old and I haven't done it yet...I'm thinking about just getting new ones front and back.....any brands that is good for slotted rotors?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if u have never changed ur rotors, good chance they r too thin to be turned... get new brembo blanks

[email protected].

Reaction score
I guess me and Neight have something in common; my '98 has 97K mi. and the front pads are original, so are my rotors. I was thinking in the Spring I would put some new pads front and rear, but you're saying the rotors are probably worn too, hey?

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
you guys are nutz.....original rotors and pads

+1 on brembo blanks and ceramic pads

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
I like RotoTech, Just because they are Canadian. They got a curved slot. Not cheap though, Fronts cost me like 190$. Ive went with cheap ones I changed my rotors twice since I bought my car 2 years ago.

Neight

Reaction score
So the brembo blanks are a good bet? I just need to keep the car running...btw today I was checking out the rear left rotor and was just trying to move the wear indicator tab so it won't screech....then I released my parking brake and i spun the rotor to test it and all of the sudden some greasy liquid comes out...that cantt be good.
BTW my 98 accrd has about 139k on it.

mista jc

Reaction score
Remember guys, most cheaper rotors don't have the coating that protects against the elements. I know my powerslots come with it and don't rust.

Also, there's a certain millimeter your rotors must be in order to refinish them. If it's too worn out, they'll need to be replaced.

Back