Rought Cuts.....teaser

talontsiawd

Reaction score
nice work. is that an old jag next to your car?
Yeah, that's my 71 xj6.

How's progress coming? :poke: :sad:
Sorry, i haven't made any real progress, i've done alittle on the front but nothing worth posting. The rear is done unless it cracks, the sides are almost their outside of filling holes i drilled. So, when ever i have accouple days in a row, i hope to get the front pretty close. Just started a new job with a "flexible schedule" so i can't really not drive until i know when i work.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, i decided just to put the lip on, i messed up and cut it too short on the sides by such a slight amount, it's not even funny how much extra work that means:bash::bash: It's just pretty damn hard doing this solo.

Here it is a bit more ready:

Here are some gaps from cutting the top off. I have a good idea of what i'm going to do here, it shouldn't be all that hard, just tedious.
Gap:

And here is where i cut it too short. I know a few ways to fix it and make new endcaps, it just sucks.

I think i can pull it a bit tighter if i want but i have several ideas on how i'm going to deal with this.

Raymond

Reaction score
Keep up the good work man, I wish I had enough free time to do some projects like that!

Back