RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by RedRyder, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Sketch o5

Sketch o5 Señor Greengo

Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

that's going to look pretty damn good. nice work, chris. i'm definitely looking forward to the finished interior shots.

2. FNCONE

FNCONE Well-Known Member

:drool2: Awesome Work On those Panels!!!

3. puzzlemaster94

puzzlemaster94 6GA Connoisseur

Panels look fantastic Chris. Do you have a S2000 Shift Knob? I have perf leather around the one I have, looks similar to yours.

4. Sil2DrV6

Sil2DrV6 Well-Known Member

Wheels.. seats.. inserts.. nothing is perf'ed in my car.. Neighbor's grass do look greener..

5. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

^Guess I got a thing for perforated leather haha. Need to get the e-brake to match too, might try making a boot for it. Will probably do black for it though, like the shift knob.

Perf city!

[​IMG]

Thanks Andy, wanted to do something since I’m sticking with the tan interior.

Thanks Frankie. As soon as I put the panel up to the door with the silver trim, I realized I’ll be happy with it. There’s also a little red on my gauge cluster and shift knob/trim, so it won’t be completely out of place haha.

Thanks Evan. My knob is TSX. Is your shift pattern red too?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. puzzlemaster94

puzzlemaster94 6GA Connoisseur

^ Yep it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sil2DrV6

8. RedRyder

Yeah I know what you mean, last time I took the console out I had a little difficulty with the e-brake handle too. I found that it was too far to one side, so I just bent the bracket it’s mounted to a little (like pulling a dust shield away from a brake rotor) and then it went right in. I’ll take a photo but I have a little room to have a boot on it. May even wrap some perf leather around the handle part if I can do it cleanly.

I think the thing that doesn’t look OEM about the shifter trim is that it covers part of the “pencil holder” on the passenger side. But I never use it so it doesn’t bother me too much. I used to want to paint the shifter trim black or something but the silver was less out of place after I swapped the HVAC/radio bezel to the silver one that came on 01-02 models. This pic isn’t well lit, but kinda shows what I mean. They match pretty well in person.

[​IMG]

My cluster bezel is that same silver (you may remember this thread: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47677), and I’m switching the window switch trim on the doors to silver as well, so I think that will further tie all the silver pieces together. Going to leave the center console woodgrain though for now. I guess I’m kind of doing what Lexus did with the previous gen IS interior….silver window trim, HVAC with woodgrain center console.

[​IMG]

Probably more than you wanted to know lol, but I know you’re a man of detail so I wanted to explain my thought process haha. My Type-S shifter trim could stand to be repainted though, there is a paint chip. If I didn't have any other silver in the car though, I'd probably paint it black instead of replacing it with a 1G CL piece, I guess the boy in me likes the big red 'S' there. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  9. Sil2DrV6

Yeees.. I had to do the same exact thing, when mounting it back on. Well, if you're gonna wrap it, there you go, more perf in the city. ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. RedRyder

^It's okay, Mikey doesn't like this shifter trim covering the pencil holder either lol.

I'll get a pic of the cluster, it still needs a coat of clear so right now the finish is pretty flat.

CF looks great in the charcol interior, you should do it! :)