Rust Formation on Front Doors

reydio

Reaction score
I just got my 6th gen, entire car is in good condition. I did not see any rust on the body. I just noticed rust have formed on the front door underneath the moldings. They are above where the rear view mirrors are mounted. I tried to clean it up and applied some Permatex Rust treatment. What do you guys do to prevent future rust formation? I guess this is a poor design on Honda's part. I might have the body shop repair the rust when I get enough funds for a complete repaint. Anybody else have this problem? I will try to take picture later on.

Donut Limo

Reaction score
i have that on both doors, same spot. not really sure what to do yet but it's starting to get kinda fat there

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hmmmm i have it on the drivers side too. never really cared to do anything about it :lawl:

in addition to the rustoleum, maybe give it a couple good coats of oem touch-up paint...that's assuming you've gotten rid of all the previous rust.

there are a few poor design choices on these cars, and that's one...i agree...

reydio

Reaction score
here is the pic:

DSC00049.jpg

hopefully the body shop can do something about this cancer, funny though, I don't know where the water collects to start the rust. I'ts actually a strange area for rust to begin and hide.

Back