Searching For a Single Row Crank Pulley?

1abe_a_tech

Reaction score
First, I just want to apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum; wasn't sure where else to put this. I've benefited greatly over the years by mooching off the wealth of knowledge - and pain/suffering - from folks on this forum, and I'm finally finding time amidst this pandemic to share a little.

So, after reading several threads about why to/not remove power steering, I decided to go ahead with the process, since my '01 4-cyl. sedan is in full project mode, and no longer a daily driver that would potentiality haul around my wife, 3 friends, and all of our luggage lol I haven't finished yet, but when I do, I'll post my review of the mod in one of the other threads.

I'm using some inexpensive AN fittings i bought from Amazon and eBay to cleanly loop the lines together. If anyone wants to do this mod, feel free to pm me for a parts list- fittings and hoses dimensions... etc.

But, that's not what this post is about. From what I understand, all H/F crank pulleys are interchangeable. I wanted a single row crank pulley for this mod - simply for a cleaner look - like the ones found on the H23A VTEC, with electronic power steering. But those pulleys by themselves are hard to come by. There was also the option of the aftermarket underdrive single row pulleys they make for H engines, but I wanted to keep the factory look and dampening qualities of the OEM pulley. Well, I found and ordered a brand new aftermarket OE-style one on eBay for $30 shipped. When it arrived I took it to a local precision grinding shop here in Blue Ash, in Cincinnati, called Owens Precision Grinding - super cool folks. He only charged me $25, but I was so pleased with his service and demeanor that I gave him $40 - ALWAYS tip for great service ;)

So, here's the result for $70 worth of parts and precision grinding:

"Perfectly balanced, as all thing should be" (10 points if you know what movie that quote is from lol)

(Hopefully, the photos are visible; I'm a newb with posting on forums)

If you live near Southwest OH, and have any precision grinding needs for your project, I strongly encourage you to give this shop a call.... AWESOME service!

IMG_20200812_172355_hdr.jpg

IMG_20200812_172338_hdr.jpg

Back