Seats Question-Power to Manual?

blackaccord69

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just purchased 2 front oem leather seats for my accord. The passenger side is manual just like my stock cloth right now. But, the driver side is power. Anyone know if my stock brackets will bolt on to make the driver side manual as well?

I don't want the power in the driver side, I just want to know if I can make the power seat into a manual.

Thanks.

klee

Reaction score
blackaccord69 said:
Hey guys,

I just purchased 2 front oem leather seats for my accord. The passenger side is manual just like my stock cloth right now. But, the driver side is power. Anyone know if my stock brackets will bolt on to make the driver side manual as well?

I don't want the power in the driver side, I just want to know if I can make the power seat into a manual.

Thanks.

I need a little more info. Do you currently have a sedan or a coupe? The seats that you are swapping in, are they from a sedan or a coupe? I'll give both here:

Swap from Coupe to Coupe or Sedan to Sedan: Swap both driver's side rails. If you do want the power, there is single gray plug under the seat that you will need to plug in to your new seats.

Swap from Coupe to Sedan: Since you want manual, you will need to swap both seat rails anyhow. If you want power, you will need to swap the inside rail for the driver's seat since the mounting hole at the rear comes up about 1-2 inches short.

General Info: You will need to remove the plastic cover which is held in by two phillips head screws. Slid off the recliner handle and the plastic cover will come off. There should be a total of 3 bolts in order to remove the rails. Two large 14mm bolts along the side. One is located towards the front side and one located towards the rear side. There is also a single 12mm pivot bolt that connects the seat cushion to the back cushion. Do not over torque this bolt when putting it back on.

klee

Reaction score
blackaccord69 said:
awesome, thanks for the help

btw it's for a coupe to coupe

since it's coupe to coupe, the swap will be much easier. Swapping from coupe to sedan like I did was a pain.

Neight

Reaction score
I have a question about seat swaping if you guys don;t mind. I want to put in full power seats for my sedan. Only 01-02 ex sedans came with dual power front seats. I plan to put them in, how would i power the passenger side and what would I do with the air bag since these seats have air bags in them while my current ones don.t . Please let me know. I want to see if it is worth it before I purchase the set.
Thanks.

klee

Reaction score
Neight said:
I have a question about seat swaping if you guys don;t mind. I want to put in full power seats for my sedan. Only 01-02 ex sedans came with dual power front seats. I plan to put them in, how would i power the passenger side and what would I do with the air bag since these seats have air bags in them while my current ones don.t . Please let me know. I want to see if it is worth it before I purchase the set.
Thanks.

You would have to be sure your car is prewired for it. I don't know the wiring diagram for the seat pins/plugs underneath in regards to the airbags. I would recommend consulting a Haynes manual or contacting your Honda dealership about that one.

Neight

Reaction score
ok...so you are puting in the power for manual? are you going to convert it to power? let me know if you do, i was thinking about just connecting power to my battery, but I;'m sure there is a better way.

klee

Reaction score
Neight said:
ok...so you are puting in the power for manual? are you going to convert it to power? let me know if you do, i was thinking about just connecting power to my battery, but I;'m sure there is a better way.

My swap was manual to manual. If you are swapping power to manual seats, I'm nearly certain the wiring is already under the seats and in the plugs itself. You might want to double check with a manual or with the car you are swapping out of.

ka7end

Reaction score
i have a power driver seat but my coupe doesn't have the plugs for the power slide and power recliner, is there a way how to move it? back or forth?

Back