Shock and spring combo?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thanks! What's a good dampening setting? The recommended one is 8 back from the stiffest setting
It's totally up to you, but I started it off from the softest settings. (16 clicks. And, don't go more than that.)

Later on, I began to favor the quick handling response & the firm stability in the corner. Now I'm on the stiffest settings most of the time. :driving:

It says on the manual, but you always need to turn it all the way to the stiffest, every time you adjust the settings, just to lyk.

Also, if you have hard time reaching in your hands to the rear damper knob, you can pry off the whole rear bulk head cover (that's the plastic interior trim between your rear headrests & the speaker dash board, and it goes across the whole pillars. No tools are needed for the removal. Just be brave 'n pry it off w/ your hands; It will come off. Some people cut the both ends, but I'd just simply take it off, if it's difficult to reach your hands in there.

Side note: Were you the one who repped me on this thread? Thanks, if you were!

phi1542

Reaction score
It's totally up to you, but I started it off from the softest settings. (16 clicks. And, don't go more than that.)

Later on, I began to favor the quick handling response & the firm stability in the corner. Now I'm on the stiffest settings most of the time. :driving:

It says on the manual, but you always need to turn it all the way to the stiffest, every time you adjust the settings, just to lyk.

Also, if you have hard time reaching in your hands to the rear damper knob, you can pry off the whole rear bulk head cover (that's the plastic interior trim between your rear headrests & the speaker dash board, and it goes across the whole pillars. No tools are needed for the removal. Just be brave 'n pry it off w/ your hands; It will come off. Some people cut the both ends, but I'd just simply take it off, if it's difficult to reach your hands in there.

Side note: Were you the one who repped me on this thread? Thanks, if you were!

oh ok how was the softest setting? I just want it to ride like stock but i dont want to go back and forth in the back because it looks like a pain to reach haha

umm im not sure... I might have but idk LOL

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you cut the ends off of that plastic piece that goes across the front of the rear deck when the seat is folded down, you can reach the adjusters by only folding the seat down. that's what i did with my last sedan.

DSC03274.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
oh ok how was the softest setting? I just want it to ride like stock but i dont want to go back and forth in the back because it looks like a pain to reach haha

umm im not sure... I might have but idk LOL
The softest setting is very much close to the stock ride. It's to the point where a non-car enthusiast wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'd say some stock sports cars in general would feel like that.

If you remove the rear bulk head cover / cut its both ends like Sketch o5's, it's never pita, as you can see his pic.

if you cut the ends off of that plastic piece that goes across the front of the rear deck when the seat is folded down, you can reach the adjusters by only folding the seat down. that's what i did with my last sedan.

DSC03274.jpg
Idk if its a sedan/coupe difference, but my Tein SA, on my coupe, sits a lot taller than your adjusters.

phi1542

Reaction score
The softest setting is very much close to the stock ride. It's to the point where a non-car enthusiast wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'd say some stock sports cars in general would feel like that.

If you remove the rear bulk head cover / cut its both ends like Sketch o5's, it's never pita, as you can see his pic.

Idk if its a sedan/coupe difference, but my Tein SA, on my coupe, sits a lot taller than your adjusters.

oh nice. What did you use to trim it? and is the softest setting comfortable? I would think too soft would be too bouncy or something? idk lol

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
i'd guess it's a tein and ksport difference, since they're different companies and all.
Or, that.

oh nice. What did you use to trim it? and is the softest setting comfortable? I would think too soft would be too bouncy or something? idk lol
I didn't trim off the piece. Sketch o5 did. But, a hack saw will do the job. if you're lazy, a dremel tool w/ one of those blade spinner bits will cut it off like a butter. Iirc, the bulk head cover piece had to be removed in order to install the coilovers, so I'd simply leave it off tho.

Yes, it's very comfortable, especially you're switching from FF's. I wouldn't say that the SA's soft setting is "bouncy" like a car going up 'n down w/ race springs + stock shocks. You might feel the softest setting to be a bit "spongy", as the suspension travel (the piston strokes) move slower than its stiffer setting to become comfortable on the road.

Don't worry, man. You'll like it. I drive an '03 stock Subaru Legacy sometimes, and when I got my SA on my Accord for the 1st time, w/ the softest settings, it felt like I was driving the Legacy. ← (Comfy, yet less body-roll than a stock 6gen.)

Side note: Had a date w/ a girl yesterday. Took her out for a drive w/ the softest settings, and she said "I like your car. It's very comfortable ♪ " :naughty:

phi1542

Reaction score
Or, that.

I didn't trim off the piece. Sketch o5 did. But, a hack saw will do the job. if you're lazy, a dremel tool w/ one of those blade spinner bits will cut it off like a butter. Iirc, the bulk head cover piece had to be removed in order to install the coilovers, so I'd simply leave it off tho.

Yes, it's very comfortable, especially you're switching from FF's. I wouldn't say that the SA's soft setting is "bouncy" like a car going up 'n down w/ race springs + stock shocks. You might feel the softest setting to be a bit "spongy", as the suspension travel (the piston strokes) move slower than its stiffer setting to become comfortable on the road.

Don't worry, man. You'll like it. I drive an '03 stock Subaru Legacy sometimes, and when I got my SA on my Accord for the 1st time, w/ the softest settings, it felt like I was driving the Legacy. ← (Comfy, yet less body-roll than a stock 6gen.)

Side note: Had a date w/ a girl yesterday. Took her out for a drive w/ the softest settings, and she said "I like your car. It's very comfortable ♪ " :naughty:

Fasho fasho nice LOL Yeah I'll try softest setting haha I'll leave the rear piece off and test drive until I like it

Back