short shifters. who and what brand u got?

nygamble

Reaction score
i want the best short shifter....
what is the best, its cheap. so i want the best
name the company and source 6th gens

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
OK, no one makes a short shifter for the 6th gen accord aside from PSPEC. There are adapters, but they all pretty much suck in comparison. The PSPEC short shifter is $200 and it comes with the knob, boot, shifter, and all necessary hardware. Go to www.pspectuning.com for all the info. I have it and I can personally vouch for the quality of all the components of the kit. The picture in my sig is of the PSPEC short shifter. I have a few more if you want to see them.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I have a short shift adapter and I cut about 1in. off the size of the shift lever. Then just re thread it and install the factory/new shift knob. I think that's the best and most cost efficient thing to do. On a stock shifter lever, the throws are sooooo friggin long I used to hate it.

Here's a pic of mine

405138_260_full.jpg

Click here on how to make you own short shifter

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I like that the PSPEC comes with a colar that fits snuggly on the lever so it doesn't rattle.
Shifter2.jpg

I definatly agree the PSPEC isn't cost effective unless you just got the lever and used your own knob and boot. BTW, the PSPEC is a BTICH to install.

Here's a thread about the shifter, I wouldn't post in it because it's kind of old. http://www.everything-honda.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4735

Back