Shorted out running lights???

Ndelnano

Reaction score
Hey guys I have an 01 Accord ex 4dr and I bought one of those led emblems off of eBay. I put it on my car and wired it to the running lights. When I was connecting the cords I heard a weird noise and the emblem light and running lights shut off and won't turn on with the headlights anymore. I'm guessing that the positive and negative wires touched and shorted out the wiring. How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Check the fuse. And always disconnect your battery when working with electrics.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You blew your small lights fuse. If you don't know which one to look for, check your owners manual, read the back of the fuse cover on the driver and passenger sides (I think it's the passenger side), or search the site.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just the fuse, shouldn't need a new bulb but sometimes they blow. You can examine the bulb by looking at the filments inside and see if they are separated. There may be a spare fuse in the fusebox under the hood. Take a look. If not, bring the dead fuse to Autozone or the like and buy a replacement.

FNCONE

Reaction score
SORRY people about bringing back an old thread
did you ever fix your running lights? i did'nt want to post since its kinda of an old thread but just wanted to let you know to check your drivers multiplex you probably fried it since the fuse did nothing, there is also a relay but relays don't go bad often

Back