Should I Worry?

Jokon

Reaction score
I was in an accident on Tuesday but the damage was nothing mechanical. I already had minor symptoms of what I am going to explain before the accident and it is getting definitely noticeable. So what is it?

I am having intermittent surging of the engine plus now it is starting to give a weird smell from the exhaust. I am not a super mechanic and don't have time to take a look at everything. My guesstimate of what it could be made me think spark plugs? spark plug wires? dirty fuel injectors? transmission getting ready to meet the grave? I haven't the slightest? Do you guys have any ideas? Tips to get this fixed or patched within 2 hours for tomorrow? I am supposed to go on a 1.5 hour drive and I am leery on if I should be driving the accord. Anyone with a previous experience to the problem or a solution would be a beautiful thing. Thanks anyone that intends to help.

98acclude

Reaction score
I learned at work today that if a car is low on antifreeze it will cause the engine to surge... check you're radiator n see if it's full... it might help. other than that Im not too shure... I could ask around at the shop tomorrow for more ideas.

Jokon

Reaction score
The only thing that sucks is the small trip I am going on is supposedly around 10am EST. I don't know if that gives you enough time to ask around but I welcome all the help I can get.

Jokon

Reaction score
Definitely would appreciate some help with this some time tonight so I can wake up bright and early and make use of said advice.

98acclude

Reaction score
yeah sorry I cant really help out much... i would have an hour to give you sum info before you left but you'd probably be getting ready n such by then to go on your trip but I can post anything I find out tomorrow just incase you get a chance to or you can try to work on it when you get back... but sorry man. :(

finch13

Reaction score
Surging idle? Probably a vacuum leak. Grab a can of carb spray and spray all the vacuum fitting, sensors, injectors, etc. from the throttle body to the cylinder head.

Exhaust smells? Probably the cat deteriorating, burning oil, burning coolant.

Sent from my Nexus One

finch13

Reaction score
Forgot to mention a clogged or weak IACV will cause a surging idle, a common problem on our cars.

Sent from my Nexus One

Back