Sidemarker bulb size?

hellfire127

Reaction score
Does anybody know the bulb size for the sidemarker? 99 accord sedan. Edit: The bulb where the yellow bezel is on the headlight.

I did a retrofit on my headlights and decided I want to replace the turn signal and sidemarker bulbs.

Every website seems to say 1157A for the sidemarker, which is not right as the bulb looks like a 168 size bulb.

I know the turn signal is 1157A for sure.

Also, should I go with LED or just the regular bulbs? Seems like the regular bulbs are much brighter.

Searched the site and couldnt find the answer.

Thanks

Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parking light bulb are: T10 (168, 194, 921 etc etc) LED are much brighter than stock if you buy the right one.

hellfire127

Reaction score
Universal sidemarker bulb size: T10. LED are much brighter than stock if you buy the right one.

Thanks for the bulb size.

LED just doesn't spread as good as the CFL ones, they never seem to look brighter to me, especially in my taillights after I've smoked them.

Which brand LED do you use for the turn signal and sidemarker?

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
yeah an LED in the amber strip will just look like a small bright circular hotspot

Bax

Reaction score
A lot of people either just take that bulb out or run a strip of leds there, anything else just doesn't look right.

hellfire127

Reaction score
Is there a step by step instruction for the led strip? I must suck at searching forum

001Stunna

Reaction score
A lot of people either just take that bulb out or run a strip of leds there, anything else just doesn't look right.

I'm putting these in to replace my 5xSMD Led bulbs i have in there now. They look fine as they are now, this should be a bit brighter
T10-20SMD-1.jpg

CLEsonny

Reaction score
I've seen a picture of someone replacing the parking light to a white LED with the clear strip and I liked it a lot. I want to do that to my car, but I don't want to buy new headlights for a clear strip.

Post a picture if you end up doing this. I am interested on what it looks like

hellfire127

Reaction score
I have replaced them with regular CFL bulbs. They do look brighter than the old ones.

As for the led strip, I really do love the white one somebody did on this forum. Just saw a pic of it. I will prob do something like that this summer after school is over. Won't have to work at my parents' business anymore since they just sold it :D

Back