Silencer reomoval

EyeWishXD

Reaction score
ok, well I just installed my new Megan Racing cat back exhaust, and it came with a removable silencer. I took the bolts off and everything but the silencer still wont come off, do i need WD40 or something?

jeffpanya

Reaction score
Was there no instruction manual ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
give it a couple light taps to loosen it up. should slide right out. diamond bar, ca? remember its a $25 fix it ticket for modified exhaust and considering yours came with silencers then its probably over the 94dB limit. hope you kept your stock.

Last edited:

Chorilored

Reaction score
same thing happened to me with my skunk2. WD40+big vice grips+ PITA tugging. easyest way is to lay down under your exhaust tip (i know weird but works) facing silencer and put your right leg on rear right tire for serious pulling. done:beer:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
lol what i do is turn on the car and tap the gas a bit lol

EyeWishXD

Reaction score
give it a couple light taps to loosen it up. should slide right out. diamond bar, ca? remember its a $25 fix it ticket for modified exhaust and considering yours came with silencers then its probably over the 94dB limit. hope you kept your stock.

oh i forgot to change that, yea i dont live there anymore i live in san bernardino now, yes i kept my stock. lol thanks for the heads up though man.

EyeWishXD

Reaction score
same thing happened to me with my skunk2. WD40+big vice grips+ PITA tugging. easyest way is to lay down under your exhaust tip (i know weird but works) facing silencer and put your right leg on rear right tire for serious pulling. done:beer:

LOL yea i thought about the pita tugging too, ima give it a try later on today, thanks man.

kashmeister

Reaction score
wd40 is gonna do much. do it after the exhaust is hot so the metals are expanded.
and then, use pliers/vice grips to pull it out.

Back